E-design is an affordable online decorating and design service that is catered towards someone who wants professional assistance with a custom design plan but doesn’t necessarily want to pay for a full-service design including installation. You will receive a custom design for your space with every source you’ll need to completely transform it from boring to beautiful on your own timeline. Since it’s a virtual design package, it can be used by anyone, anywhere!
In my designs, I strive for livable beauty: a space that is stylish yet warm, inviting, and comfortable. Read more about my design aesthetic and what you can expect from working with me as your designer.
Who is e-design good for?
- anyone moving into a new home that would like some assistance making it their own
- long-time homeowners who have a dated space that they want to refresh but don’t necessarily want to undertake a full remodel
- a busy homeowner or renter who wants to have a beautiful, functional, comfortable home but doesn’t have the time to put into shopping for furnishings and accessories
- renters who want to make their rental home more personalized
- short-term rental owners (Airbnb, VRBO etc.) who want top-dollar for their rentals without paying top dollar for design
- professionals who want their office or workspace to be a comfortable, inspiring, beautiful space for themselves and their clients
- anyone willing to do a bit of heavy lifting and manual labor (or you can hire that part out!) in order to create beautiful spaces in their home, rental, or workspace
How the process works:
Step 1: Intake Process
Start by filling out a design questionnaire. Sima Spaces will reply back within 48 hours and send a letter of agreement. Upon signing the letter of agreement and payment for the package, you may choose to have a 30 minute phone or video chat conversation during which time we will review your questionnaire and discuss further details of your project.
Step 2: The Design Process
Sit back and relax as Sima Spaces creates a custom design plan for your space. Within three weeks after you’ve signed the agreement, you will receive a comprehensive design plan including:
- a design board (collage of recommended furniture, accessories, textiles, and finishes)
- a comprehensive source list of merchandise to purchase
- recommended finishes (wall treatments, window treatments, paint and stain colors, flooring, lighting, plumbing fixtures)
- a floorplan or rendering, depending on what is more applicable to your project
Upon request, one revision is included in the initial package price. Any additional revision requests will be charged at an hourly rate.
Step 3: Installation
After you receive your design plan, shopping list, and rendering or floorplan, it’s up to you to get to work purchasing, installing, and bringing the design to life! Up to three weeks of post-design assistance is included with your purchase.
If you’re local to the Twin Cities, Sima Spaces is able to assist with the installation and styling process. If interested, please mention this upon filling out your questionnaire.
The complete e-design package is billed at a flat rate of $400 per room. A 5% discount applies for each additional room. Hourly charges will apply for any additional revisions or installation assistance beyond 4 weeks, which will be discussed during the intake process.
I LOVE what you designed!! It is better than I expected. My husband is also so excited, he had no idea what to expect and is so happy to see how simple things are on our end! Thank you.Jena O., Oregon